- This event has passed.
10 Steps to Developing a Children’s Ministry
October 28, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm$15
We invite you to come learn more about the importance of children’s ministry and the practical steps needed to start or develop a program at your new or growing church! We’ll explore what the Scriptures say about children and discipleship and how to strategically reach people during these influential years of life. During this event, you will get an overall view of everything you need to know to start and run an efficient, safe and impactful children’s ministry – including 10 practical steps to developing your ministry.
Pastors, we encourage you to attend this seminar with your children’s ministry director and volunteers!
Topics Will Include:
- How to choose a children’s ministry director
- Recruiting and training a volunteer team
- Volunteer screening & application process
- Determining safety protocols for the ministry and implementing the necessary policies and procedures
- Choosing the right curriculum for your specific ministry
- Church’s role in discipling children
- Evaluating space at rented locations and adapting to your environment and needs
- How to make ordinary spaces child-friendly
- How to write a children’s ministry manual and what should be included
- Budgeting for your children’s ministry
- Purchasing the essential starting supplies
Lunch will be provided!
Community Room A, 1st floor
Parking: Park on lower level of parking deck and enter through Door labeled “2B.” Enter the building and take a left, walk down the main hall, and Community Room A will be on your left.